Wednesday 15 January 2014

Le Cordon Blue Cake Decorating Programme 1 - This is happening!

After months of odd day/half day courses here and there, I've finally decided to enroll in the Cake Decorating Programme at Le Cordon Bleu as the course content looks really comprehensive compared to other course providers out there. The most exciting thing is - it starts today! Am not particularly looking forward to the 14.5 hr schedule though as day job is still in the way and the programme takes place between 3pm - 9:30pm! 

It has been a long time dream of mine to open a bakery (hopefully in the near future) - the cake decorating programme is only a tiny element to help me to achieve that dream (after all cake decorating is really in right now). I will update progress of the programme in future blog entries so watch this space! Le Cordon Bleu is such a reputable culinary school so fingers crossed that the programme will not be too daunting for me. After the cake decorating programme I wish to continue with their Bakery Programme which starts in March 2014. The best thing would be to do the full Patisserie Diploma but that would see me being almost £15,000 poorer! Never say never though.........now better pop out to get those tickets soon........

It would great that by the end of this programme to upgrade my cake decorating skills from this - 

(Pumpkin cupcakes I made for Halloween 2013)

....to any products such as those made by MAISIE FANTAISIE  - her cakes are so elegant and perfectly made! 

So the journey begins! 

Sparkling Piggy



No comments:

Post a Comment