Thursday 6 February 2014

Le Cordon Blue Cake Decorating Programme 7 - A non-eventful cupcake decorating lesson

Our regular chef was absent for the lesson. The substitute chef rocked up and started doing his own thing - it took us a while to realised that we were supposed to follow and copy what he was doing.

We made cupcakes using two kinds of moulds - the regular muffin mould and the dome mould. The regular ones would be the base and the dome ones would be the top. The chef then taught us how to fill the cupcakes with icings/sauces, crumb-coat them with icing and briefly showed us ways to decorate them.

The whole lesson went by relatively fast and I honestly wished that I had more time to decorate my cupcakes. As the London Underground staff were on strike on the day of the lesson I had to carry my cupcake box across town and squeeze into a very crowded bus to get home. Everything was smudged or crushed by the time I reached home so......no pictures :(

Sparkling Piggy

No comments:

Post a Comment